Friday, December 29, 2023

How I survive New Year

I've put up with a lot from my humans lately - disrupted routine, strange humans coming into my house, cracker pulling noises, lap time ruined by too much human catnip drinking, and a Christmas tree that smelled of dog urine from being put outside on the pavement.

Now another "festive" time threatens -- New Year. There are two major horrors for cats - firework bangs and cracks, and humans drinking too much of their liquid catnip. It's a dire time for cats.

And some humans make it worse - they try to fish me out from under the bed where I am hiding from the noise. Or they stop me seeking my safe place high up in the wardrobe.

Just leave us cats alone, if we are hiding. That is the way we cope with firework noises or drunk humans.  

Oh yes, and tempt us in early so that we are safely inside the house when it all starts up. Close the cat flap. Keep us safe.

One bit of fun to get revenge.... The morning after New Year's Eve, wake your hungover humans early by purring noisily in their ear. It never fails to upset them.

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy new year! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pawsome idea! The New Years holiday is quite overrated, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems I'm safe! My humans came to their senses and decided to spend the night between the years at home with me! I expect good food, treats, and quiet time! They were well trained by my predecessors! Christmas was a bit hectic but I got lots of wonderful gifts :) Wishing you all a Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! Don't even mention Christmas! My humans had company, and I spent the holy days hidden away. But the New Year will be different—just me, my brother, and my humans! Hooray and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind a crowded house at Christmas as long as I get a good portion of roasted turkey! So, Christmas was good for me! Looking forward to midnight now and seeing what else I can get—maybe a bit of grilled salmon? Yummy! Happy New Year to the female world and their human servants!

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org