Saturday, June 01, 2019

If it fits, I sits...

Dear George,
I must admit that I love boxes and bags and I don’t really think I need a reason or an excuse for it! I think every normal cat does but my mummy is quite perplexed by my liking or what she calls “my obsession”! However, she does her best to provide me with a variety in any color (black in the photo attached). She also does a lot of research to learn why cats love boxes and bags! Quite amusing, isn’t it? Here are few example of what she learned so far:
  1. Cats like boxes because they are cryptic animals and they like to hide (I think this is a good one)
  2. A box will give a cat a place of safety and security (hmm! I agree to some extent)
  3. Boxes or bags provide cats with a cozy, safe places to sleep (of course, since we sleep between 16 to 20 hours a day)
And the list goes on! All this fuss about boxes and bags makes me laugh!
Mummy should know by now that understanding a cat’s mind is notoriously difficult but sometimes our logic is quite simple…like in this case: if it fits….I sit! That simple!
Shumba

Dear Shumba,

I love them. Keyboards, books, the backs of armchairs, newspapers and high shelves are all fun. But boxes are best. My friend Tilly and Tanni like them too.
I particularly like hanging my head outside the box. There's something about boxes that brings out my originality.
You are so right. If it fits, sit in it.
George



5 comments:

  1. If it fits I sits too! Even if it doesn't fit I still sits :-) I prefer boxes and I have been provided with many to my mummy's chagrin :-((she thinks daddy over spoils me! How can you over spoil a cat?)
    Chico

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAT VictoriaJune 02, 2019

    Ah, George! Love your perspective (with your head hanging out the box). Interesting view :-)
    CAT Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like plastic bags but my humans get really upset if they see me licking the plastic. They say it is bad for us (guess that's why they never lick plastic?)
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shumba, you look lovely! I love bags & boxes too!
    Leo

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org