Saturday, September 25, 2010

I need a friend ... j'ai besoin d'un ami


Dear George,

Your blog might be for cats but I kind of like it! Oh, sorry! Let me introduce myself;

my name is Oliver or in French ….Olivier (guess I need an accent aigue somewhere – not sure- just learning French). Recently I moved to Paris (France, of course) with my mommy. She loves my very much but I don’t have too many friends and I get easily bored. When not in Paris, we spend a good amount of time at the farm (near Paris) but I’m not used to village life either. Last week she took me to Louvre. I liked it (I could pee on the pyramid but don’t tell anybody). Next week will be another museum or something! I mean….how much “Louvre”, “turn Eiffel” “Montparnasse” can I take?

George, I think I need a friend. Should I look for another cute, little dog like me or a house rabbit? Do you know of any parks in Paris where dogs meet? May be I’ll meet the love of my life! O la la!

A bientot

Oliver


Dear Olivier,

Museums.... boring, boring, boring. Very few if any mice and those that exist as as poor as church mice, who face equally straightened circumstances. No rabbits to chase. Just lots of square things on the wall with labels Leonardo Da Vinci and the like. (Though Leonardo was fond of cats and some rather nice sketches of felines exist).

A house rabbit has interesting and gastronomic possibilities. Research your French recipes for lapin, then start trying to persuade your human that you need this kind of friend. I have been working on Celia but she says I should content myself with the very many rabbits that live in her garden. She says that when she has evidence that I have palled up with one of these, she will have some house rabbits. She pointed out that finding the half eaten rabbit corpse on her doorstep did not count as evidence of a fully functioning rabbit-cat friendship.

My online friend Samurai Raoul, (I dare not go near him as he chases cats), whose photo is on the right, recommends the Bois de Boulogne as a good place for a walk but you should warn your human about the dress code. It must be modest, otherwise she may be mistaken for certain people (male and female) who sell special services to male customers. And it is not a good place to go at night or when offices close, as this is married man's time, when customers pick up a quickie before catching the train home to their wife and family.

I am going online later today to ask Raoul for more tips on the canine vie Francaise (can't do the accents on this blog). He never goes off lead in the Bois, as his humans are dismayed by his fighting attitude. As a warrior dog, despite his small size, he attacks dogs three times his own size and, like us cats, takes no notice of any human instructions. But other dogs enjoy playing peacefully there.

Glad you peed on the pyramid. Why else would it be there? Such a nice shape with a lot of edges at pee height. Made for leg lifting. I dare say passing felines have sprayed there too.

Love

George


11 comments:

  1. Bonjour Olivier,
    I am writing this in English because I am a real Parson Jack Russel even if I was born at Montfort l'Amaury and have in fact never crossed La Manche.

    I wish you would come to the Bois de Boulogne, and I hope you are very brave, so brave that you come to see me close up - I love sweet smelling and juicy white dogs and would very much like to meet you "au chasseur" - I could teach you to run very fast indeed if you do not want to finish up in the frying pan

    So here are some good wishes from les Yvelines - my mother takes me there every weekend - GnafGnafGnaf Ton ami affectioné Raoul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, amigo (Raoul) don't play "tough guy" too much....as you might find your match.
    I know a bunch of cats that can make you run really fast.....to hide!
    LOVE :-)
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raoul, who would want to meet you and play if you display such aggressive behavior!
    By the way, do you have any friends? Or you chow on that bone alone? Grrr!
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivier, if I were you I would choose Montparnasse! MUCH MORE FUN! Enjoy some absinth and I bet you'll find a friend!
    Porthos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raoul, my friend....why are you Celia's "on line friend" only? C'mmon! chasing cats? That's a big no-no! Come.....spend some time with us cats and we can teach you a lot! The good thing is that you do not listen or obey to human instructions!
    So, there is some hope; may be you have some feline genes? Especially....since you are so brave!
    Salut mon samurai
    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oliver, you look so cute! I wouldn't mind to play with you (no harm). I'm bored too but being a rescue I appreciate having a house (even if I have to stay indoors) very much!
    Love
    Shumba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oliver, I'm a dog too! Hope we'll meet somehow and play.
    Tanti baci
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oliver, if you want to go to that park/forest - what's the name? Oh!yes, Bois de Bouglone - no problem - I'll go with you! I'm a BIG cat and a kung fu fighter. Let's meet Raoul and have some fun :-)
    Frederico

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oliver, peeing on the famous (and ugly) pyramid?
    That's tempting! I'd love to join you there.
    Love
    Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oliver, you are none of the more intrepid doggies and as such, I salute you. I am a cat and proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oliver, you could have fun with my French friend Mimi who lives in Paris in an apartment on the 9th floor.Mimi has a few canine friends who visit her and they get on very well. She is bi-lingual too like her mum Sheila.
    You will need a colourful scarf around your neck when you walk through the Tuilleries.
    A bientot,
    Harvey

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org