Tuesday, October 30, 2007

HELP..... GEORGE HAS GONE MISSING FOR 3 DAYS


GEORGE IS MISSING. IF ANY READER OF THIS LIVES IN OXFORDSHIRE, UK, NEAR THE VILLAGES OF LEAFIELD, MINSTER LOVELL, ASTHALL LEIGH, KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR HIM. HE IS MICROCHIPPED SO HAND HIM IN TO A VET OR THE BLUE CROSS FOR THE MICROCHIP TO BE READ. I WILL PAY ALL VETS FEES IF HE IS INJURED.
I am updating this more or less daily. So far I have walked hedges for a mile and a half radius of my house (6 hours in all), talked to gamekeeper who says he hasn't shot George, talked to farmer, put up notices in three nearby villages. Leafleted the nearest houses - about 30 to 40 leaflets, rung all the nearby vets, rung the local animal shelters. Luckily he is microchipped. I have walked both sides of the hedge at my nearest road and driven all the roads in a radius of one and a half miles. I did this at 6.3oam, early enough to see a corpse if there had been one. There was no sign on the road or in the hedges (as faras I could see) of his body. I borrowed somebody's dog to sniff near undergrowth in case he was hidden in there.
We don't have black cat sacrifice at Halloween luckily because black cats are thought to be lucky, so this is not my fear. I now believe that he was either in an accident and finished off by a fox, or caught in a snare (gamekeeper says these are not put down this time of year but he would have to say that), or has just wandered off.
I have offered a £50 reward for his body and £100 for him alive.
I shall keep this blog going for a month in hope then make a decision. I am going to do it more or less day by day.

If anybody prays, please pray for George - either a quick death or happy life elsewhere.

7 comments:

  1. Celia, this is Oscar Snuggles' human. I will pray that your George will be found. Please keep us posted. I know you are worried. Has he ever done this before?

    Tee, Jonesboro, GA USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Celia, hopefully he'll turn up soon.
    Louise (Smudge's helper)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Celia, hopefully he'll turn up soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Celia
    I hope George comes home soon - is it possible that he has got himself locked in somewhere?
    Elegant Emma is sending him purrs and wet noses.
    Kind regards
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaffa and I are desperate with worry for you and George. We are thinking of you and wish for the best...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!! This is terrible. I hope more than anything that George is found safe very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Celia, my husband and I both are praying that you will find George, hopefully alive! We will not stop. BTW, we had a couple of foxes around our house for a while and I was quite upset. I did some research on them and they are not usually an enemy to cats, they seem to have a healthy respect for each other. On the other hand, wolves would be an enemy. I don't know if you have wolves in the UK. Please know we are praying for you and for George's return very soon. The not knowing is pure torture!

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org