Saturday, June 23, 2018

Hair care by humans - no shaving, purlease!

Dear George, 
The question is: can you shave a cat? Unfortunately the answer is: Yes, you can shave a cat! Why? If you ask me….simply because humans are obsessed with shaving their hair! I’ve seen my human dad shaving the hair on his face including his whiskers! No wonder he lost his sense of smell and orientation; I can see him at night bumping into walls and doors trying to get to that last slice of cake! 
I’ve seen my human mummy shaving her legs! Disgusting! Her legs looks like chicken legs especially when she wears a skirt! Phew! I know there are situations when a doctor will shave a cat for medical reasons but why do humans think it is cool to make us look like fake lions and puddles? 
Right now I’m fuming as I’ve got an “all over make-up” meaning….being shaved to avoid “matted fur”. Isn’t that stupid? There must be another solution for matted fur! George, please enlighten my stupid humans before it is too late (I mean next summer)!
Yours….almost hairless,
Mouse

Dear Mouse,
Follically challenged humans are hung up on hair. Theirs. Ours. Have you noticed that not only do the male shave off their whiskers, but the females, who have very few if any whiskers, nevertheless pull out the pathetic ones that do grow. They even reduce the whiskers above their eyes. And now the males are beginning to shave their chests.
I send deepest sympathies to you, about your human pets' behaviour. The obsession is really getting bad when they start interfering with our hair. We certainly don't need them to shave us.
A well trained human may help us a little with some gentle brushing, or even (at shedding time) get rid of some fur with the aid of a comb. Some of us long haired cats may even need daily brushing. Nothing more, purrlease. If mats form, it is the humans' fault for not brushing us enough.

Try to get your humans to do a proper hair care regime with daily brushing to prevent mats forming. You could remind them by sicking up a furball on the carpet. I deposited a particularly revolting one the other day.
I mean, how often do we need to tell them.  They are so dumb.
Yours
George.

8 comments:

  1. Well George, that sounds like some purretty good advice to us. We really enjoy a good brushin', mats or no. Have a pawsum weekend. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely humans are crazy! I should consider myself lucky since mine are shaving just my paws (I'm long hair and they think this way I won't carry litter around the house)!
    Sigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. well definitely enjoy a good brushin :) thanks for this post :)

    We tried Inflow St Louis Shoretel Provider

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like brushing so much that I started brushing by myself (I'm rubbing my face against this magic brush) Real bliss :-)
    Shumba

    ReplyDelete
  5. this cat is so cute! let me brush her Purlease! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome and cool,hope you inspire all youth generation,long live!

    We tried Top Notch Shoretel Support

    ReplyDelete
  7. very adorable looking cat, i wish i had one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for posting this. i really like your blogs because its beautiful. keep posting more
    They voted for Real Thin Brick Flooring

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org