Saturday, May 09, 2015

Crochet versus knitting... knit your own human!

Dear George,
I'm a young kitty rescued by my "mommy" which I love very, very much (as you can see in the pic attached)
We do lots of things together like cuddling, purring, playing, sleeping, eating!
Lately she is insisting in teaching me how to crochet! By the way....she does crochet a lot!
Well, I'm a bit worried now as this age-old hobby, relevant even today as you can see, makes a comeback
with pre-teens, teens, grandmas and everyone in between (where my mommy will fit).
Why am I worried? Because I love to knit and I think knitting is what we should do together. Plus, as you may know crochet is using a single curved hook (my claws fit the description perfectly)
but, in knitting we use knitting needles (not harmful).
I don't think she realizes that if I start crocheting....I'll shred everything to pieces.
George, how can I make her change her hobby and switch to knitting?
Knitting comes so naturally to us, the cats!
By the way, why do you think we are knitting and love it so much?
Maybe if you'll explain ...she'll change her hobby
With knitting purrs
Sophie

Dear Sophie,
Do your claws get stuck in the crocheting? I guess they might do. Sounds a bit tricky for a cat. If you show her how they get stuck, perhaps she will change her habits. Knitting would be safer - and there are those nice balls of wool to play with too.
If you do start knitting, would you knit me a nice human to play with? I'd like one small enough to bat about and perhaps with some catnip inside. It must be female, of course, and it would be lovely if it looked like Celia - mature (!), wearing trousers not a skirt, and with knobbly knees! Pink face and yellow hair on the head.
AND.... I know this is controversial but I would like you to add a tail.   I feel pity for them as they are disabled without a tail. So I would be grateful if you could add a tail to my toy Celia.
Yours in grateful anticipation,
George.
PS. Have you seen this book?

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations George! This is the best advice in a looooooong time! Love it!
    Yes, Sophie ....please knit me 6 little Celia (don't forget to add the tail) so I can bat her around :-)
    Hugs
    Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAT VictoriaMay 09, 2015

    Sophie, hope your mommy comes to her senses soon!
    She must be very young if she doesn't know what she is missing by not knitting with you :-)
    CAT Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm! "Crafting with cat hair" must be an interesting book but how about "crafting with your human's hair"?
    Even if they shave and wax....I think we still can pull out enough from their scalp to make toys.
    Interesting idea! Definitely a must try! I'll start with my dog.....and have a "dog toy" to bat around!
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  4. George, lately I found very difficult to post my comments as the verification that I'm not a robot changed from typing words to images. My problem is that all images are related to food and each time I want to post my comments I have to match steaks, soups, pizzas and I feel instantly hungry! Can you please change back to typing words? If you read this comment...know that it is made in a haste...as I'm gone ...eating!
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cute book. I got it from the library a while ago, but I am too lazy to make anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, the Tuxedo CatMay 11, 2015

    Good timing Sophie to show your love to your Mommy!
    Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!
    Carla, the Tuxedo Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great, really nice one. I am just loving it Adopt a dog

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org