Saturday, November 01, 2014

Bander, the pet shop cat, - should I go on diet?

Dear George,
My name is Bander and I consider myself one lucky cat!
Why? First and foremost because I'm a rescue!
Secondly, because I was rescued and adopted by an entire pet food store... Yes! Everybody loves me - starting with the owner, the staff and ending, of course, with the store's clients. Do you realize what that means for me? It means lots of petting and belly rubbing and unlimited free food - as much as I want from everything!
One particular client keeps telling the staff that I'm a bit skinny and asks how often do they feed me. They look at him like he is crazy since they think I'm well "too rounded" (pictures attached). But, I  took his saying at heart. I knew he's being sarcastic but his remark helped me develop a very entertaining habit at night. You see, when I'm alone in the store I feel so empowered and in charge...that I can do whatever I want, I literally can pick and choose! And, I choose to open whatever bag of food inspires me! Some nights I open two - three bags (not that I finish any) just for fun or maybe because I'm bored. They say I should exercise. But how can I exercise if I'm confined indoors? I'm no hamster to run on a wheel. And, honestly, food just tastes better than toy
George, I need your help as I don't know what to do. Do you think I should be on a diet?

Bander

Dear Bander,
Take no notice whatsoever of these remarks. As the manager of a pet store, it is clear to me that you must sample your wares. How else can you tell if you are selling high value products? How can you fulfill your duties to your customers without careful investigation and trials of the various food items.
As for exercise, tearing open food bags does involve exercise - clawing, tearing, pulling etc. And if you are sampling products, it is important to sample several rather than finish just one. 
It seems to me that what you are doing is a justifiable commercial activity. Get your humans to wise up. If they want to exercise you perhaps they could release some white mice or merely important some ordinary house mice. Then you could have real fun with a delicious meal at the end.
Yours sympathetically
George.
PS. It is a human (not a feline) failing to be obsessed with body shape. Who cares! 


7 comments:

  1. Amigo, it looks to me that you are doing a wonderful job! Looking at you I have a feeling that you are selling high quality food :-)
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. General Manager of a pet food store? Why can't I be so lucky?
    I'm always hungry! Can you open canned food too?
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. George is right! Why not getting you some live mice and let you have fun at night?
    Next time when that smart a..s client comes in suggest him to bring you some live toys :-)
    Freddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys, I don't understand all this fuss about! Bander, is the staff feeding you properly?
    If they do...then, obviously opening bags at night it's nothing more than doing your
    Quality Manager job. If the staff is not taking proper care of you...it's only normal you take the problem in your own paws! Fat? Who says so and who cares? We are not "image" obsessed - we FEEL good being well fed and "round".
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear Bander,

    I do not understand all the human commentary on your shape. You HAVE a shape. You are round. It is a perfectly wonderful shape, and glorious in its feline expression. I know this objectively, as my human has said that I am round, as well.

    I have been daydreaming in front of the electric fire about having unlimited nighttime access to tuna-flavored Pounce. Delicious!

    Very truly yours,
    Puss-Puss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI George,
    Thanks for sharing nice post! I really appreciate this posting. You can have a look on my Online Pet store website, I would be waiting for your valuable response. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is good and valuable.
    Buy Dog Food

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org