Saturday, December 25, 2010

I came home for Christmas.....


Dear George,
Yes! I came home for Christmas, (for real, not only in my dreams) ☺
Remember me? Trixy? I had to re-homed myself because of a human kitten who loved me very much but was too noisy?
Well….. I lived “on and off” next door for almost two years now! It was breaking my heart to see the little human kitten calling my name every single day and trying to tempt me with treats, but I was too afraid to be near him. He grew, he’s 2 ½ years old now and understands that I don’t like loud noises and I don’t like to have my hair pulled. So, in the spirit of Christmas I came home! And …..my gift to them? Fleas!
I can’t believe it but it is true. What’s really amazing is that they were happy to have me back even with fleas! They didn’t make a big fuss about! She gave me a bath and put some drops on my neck and let me sleep with the little kitten.
I only realize now how much they love me! Why was I so afraid and in a hurry to re-home? It feels so good to be back home! It feels like Christmas!
I wish all cats have a safe and loving home! Merry Christmas to you all! I am attaching a carol video at the bottom of George's post.
Love
Trixy


Dear Trixy,
Congratulations on being your own cat. We cats choose where we live and if we feel the place is no longer suitable, we rehome ourselves just like you did. Some of us set up two or three homes, where we enjoy regular meals and warm beds. I know of a black cat, Smudge, down the road from me who had three owners. Two of them thought they owned him and one knew that they didn't but they told me "he spends quite a lot of time with us anyway."
Choice is the important thing for us cats. Choice and control. The more control we can exert over our humans, the happier we are. I like to think that humans are happiest too when they have a cat directing their lives. They need a leader to look up to. It's all a question of dominance - they like a hierarchy with a person at the top. Somebody they respect and who will do their thinking for them - an alpha cat.
So Trixy your Christmas story is in the highest tradition of feline behaviour. I particularly like that inspired extra touch- the gift of fleas. You are an inspiration for us felines as a new year approaches. Happy Christmas to all.
Love George
PS. That woman has taken in a Christmas stray cat which had nowhere else to go - not a single rescue place would take her in out of the snow. I am not sure if I believe her when she tells me it is only there till Jan 2. It's in the spare room.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas to you & yours!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fluffy and CayenneDecember 26, 2010

    Merry Christmas to you all!
    Trixy, your story is beautiful! You are the Alpha cat; it's remarkable that you trained the human kitten already :-) He looks cute too!
    Good choice!
    Love
    Fluffy & Cayenne

    PS. George, do you mean that Celia took in a stray for Christmas? You should be proud of her.
    We heard that you have tones of snow over there. She saved a soul! You trained her well when it comes to compassion. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely kid! Trixy, don't ever re-home!
    Love
    Shumba

    PS. Merry Christmas to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to all cats and their human slaves and their dogs!
    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trixy, good choice!
    Merry Christmas to all cats and their housekeepers!
    Sir Winston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to all!
    What happened to the fleas? were they killed in a bath?
    Frederico

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fluffy and CayenneDecember 26, 2010

    Oh! Thank you for such a cute carol!
    Better then any other :-)))
    Love
    Fluffy & Cayenne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Excellent choice of gift (for humans)!
    Did you wrap them individually and put them under the Christmas tree?
    Diego

    PS. Merry Christmas to all of you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trixy, good decision. George, so glad Celia has opened her heart to that little fellow, especially with all that white stuff you have on the ground. We have the same problem here, except living in the south we didn't get as much as all those people up north. We only had about an inch in middle Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear George, another cat in the spare bedroom? Must be getting very crowded in there. I certainly would not share my spare bedroom with anyone.
    Thank you for the e card. I sang along. Maybe I was just grumbling in my throat because they picked me up to show me but they call it singing.Happy mouse catching but NOT bunny catching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Trixy,

    What a lovely story! I am pleased that you were able to choose where to live on your own terms.

    As for the video, I didn't like it at all. My human began playing it whilst I was sleeping peacefully in her lap, and I was pretty sure that an insolent upstart kitten had invaded my territory. So I woke up hurriedly, and walloped the computer really hard a few times. This made my human laugh at me, and now I feel silly. I need to beat up the dog or something to restore my dignity.

    Regards,
    Puss-Puss.

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org