Saturday, September 08, 2018

Pet Memorial Day - Cats remembered



Dear George,
September 9th is National “Pet Memorial Day” and I thought it would be quite appropriate to honor our beloved furry babies by remembering and acknowledging once again the important role they all have played in our lives! We form strong emotional connections with them! For some of us they become the best companion one could wish for, for some of us they become great teachers while for others they become best play pals! 
Whatever role they played in one’s life I know there was a strong bond and when they crossed the Rainbow Bridge we cried in disbelief, were sad, angry, depressed or confused. Some crossed over of old age, some from being ill and some crossed to make room for another cat or dog in need! It is hard to believe but it does happen – I call these ones Angels! I know there are many that are gone but I’d like to take a moment to honor and remember some of the cats I came to know on this very blog: William, Whicky Wuudler, Fluffy, Cayenne, Sigi, Oscar, Felix, Sir Winston and the list…sadly could go on and on! 
But I truly believe we should honor them by remembering them in their good days and years, how playful they were, how much unconditional love they gave us! How truly loving, lovely and beautiful they were! I’d like to dedicate this poem to all of them!

“Poem For Cats

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.
                Author Unknown

In our fur babies loving memory,
A Cat Mom



-->

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. We never forget those we love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, beautiful post! Mummy had tears in her eyes!
    Shumba

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it very interesting and informative Pet wellness. Thanks for sharing. And I hope you keep sharing such great information about pets pawsome wellness dog training

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, the tuxedo catSeptember 13, 2018

    How could we or our human parents forget those who crossed the Rainbow Bridge and whom we loved so much?
    Carla, the tuxedo cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, in loving memory of our sisters & brothers who crossed the bridge!
    Puf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its really great article. Thanks for sharing. And I hope you keep sharing such great information about pets pet nutrition consultant in delhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 02, 2019

    Nice poem! I remember our cat, he was died 2 years ago and for the final arrangement the pet cremation houston tx was the one who handle it and they give us option for personalizing the remaining urns. By the way, thank you for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org