Saturday, October 21, 2017

A second chance for a special needs cat.


Dear George, 
My story is very sad but perfectly illustrates that kindness and generosity really have no borders! I came a long, long way! I was rescued in Iran when I was about 6 months old as a paraplegic kitten. My spine was broken and I was abandoned on the streets. I was rescued by a Vafa Rescue group and I made it to America. I now live at “Home for Life” shelter. There is a small group of talented people who come and paint us. The shelter then creates a catalogue which people can buy. This year it’s a catalogue with dogs but the shelter planned to take me to a tour to educate humans about animals with special needs and prove that even cats like me can live a happy life. I’m sending you one of my photos at the shelter and one painting of me. You can read more about me at this link:

Love to all
Apricot

Dear Apricot,
You are not the first paraplegic cat I have met. I met Thomas, an elderly black and white cat, who was incontinent after a car accident and was handed into Cats Protection. He found an private adult care home - though it took a long time. Two very special human carers were needed.
He didn't wear a nappy. His owners learned how to manually express his urine twice a day (the vet showed them how) and he lived in a kitchen with a laminate floor and a catflap to the garden. Yes, they had to keep the tiles clean with bacterial wipes and, yes, they put out clean bedding out for him each day. They used the sort of bedding where liquid soaks through, so that it doesn't stay in contact with the skin.
Thomas lived happily for another few years before dying of old age. Here is his photo on the right. There are some lovely human beings around who make very good carers.
Yours
George. 

5 comments:

  1. Carla, the tuxedo catOctober 21, 2017

    Heartbreaking stories! And how many more are out there that we don't know about? Indeed, compassion, kindness and generosity have no borders and shouldn't have. I see a ray of hope & light when reading or hearing about happy ending stories like Apricot's or Thomas'. I regain my hope in humanity!
    Carla, the tuxedo cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cats and beautiful stories! Beautiful painting too! Kudos & thanks to all the compassionate people who make room into their big hearts to take in cats with special needs (or any other sentient being with special needs).
    Chico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stories in which the hope shines! People needs to be educated about these matters so more lives could be saved. Vet doctors needs to be more supportive and generous (I'm referring to the ones with exorbitant fees). I visited the link and read about the Director of the shelter who lost her life in a fire to save the cats. God bless ALL.
    Puf

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAT VictoriaOctober 25, 2017

    Beautiful cats & beautiful people!
    CAT Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you looking for cats for sale. Contact us today and buy himalayan cat, persian cat and siamese cat.

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org