Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I'm a bunny without a buddy - and I'm lonely.

Dear George,
I have a good home, as you can see. My human gives me a run on the lawn every day,with a sheltered area where I can keep off the rain. I have lots of hay and not to much rich rabbit food.
But there is something missing. There is nobody to talk to. I am a lonely bunny. If I had a friend I would be much happier.
Please help,
Chesnut.

Dear Chesnut,
We cats don't need friends because we are not a very social species  But you are right - bunnies need buddies. Get your human to look this up for Rabbit Awareness Week here. And also check this website for some good free webinars on rabbits.
If you look how wild rabbits live, you can see that as well as spending hours and hours eating grass they run around and play together. You can see an example here. They live in groups, not like cats. And they need company.
video of playing bunnies

I am afraid I am not safe with rabbits, Chesnut.  You could say I am too fond of them. Thinking of them makes me lick my lips.
Yours 
George
PS. Help my human. She is doing a reptile relationship survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FGJZKLT
PPS. This blog is up early because she is taking the weekend off against my wishes.



 

5 comments:

  1. I'm a bunny too but I don't feel lonely; my humans are very good to me - they talk to me, play with me....times flies!
    Hope you'll find your companion soon :-)
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a beautiful bunny! You have such a lovely name!
    Ricky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Londoner but I'd love to join the wild rabbits and play with them!
    Toots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chestnut, you are such a pretty bunny! I'm sure your humans won't resist seeing you so sad and will get you a buddy soon!
    Patches

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bunny could be a really adorable pet I believe. Most of the people think about dog and cats as pet as having them can also help you feel better and let you through the time of depression and loneliness. But then bunny is also a playful pet that you can have. They can be groomed and tamed well with the help of Pet Grooming Tips to maintain good relationship between you and your lovely adorable pet.

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org