Saturday, May 24, 2014

At last -- recognition for my valuable work as a human behaviour counsellor.


Read it at http://mousebreath.com/2014/05/human-agony-aunt-george/









For once this column is all about Me.  Not other cats' problems with their humans.
After years of studying human behaviour and years of trying to help other cats understand their humans, I have had full recognition in Mousebreath, the award winning magazine by cats for cats.
I was interviewed by the Jan's Funny Farm team - more about them at http://JansFunnyFarm.blogspot.co.uk This is the first time that I have appeared in a proper cat magazine. I have appeared in human magazines occasionally and occasionally I have guest blogged for human blogs. But this is a first.
I am thrilled because I want to get across one simple fact. Train your human. A properly trained human is a delight to live with. Moreover a trained human is a happy human. They know their place and they enjoy being in our family.
So please read my interview and remember this take-home message. Train them.
George.

9 comments:

  1. Hi George! We read your interview and thought it was great! We think all humans should be trained as well. I bet we'll learn a lot on how to train them from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paws up, George! Nice & funny interview. We(I and my late sister) enjoyed your books very, very much, especially "100 way how to train your human"
    I still can't get over that fact that Celia stole the show and put her name on it. You have a too soft spot for Celia (you know that). She still gets away with murder; she needs a bit of "tough love" in her training :-)
    Love
    Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Training, training, training!
    We thank you for your expert adviCe. It is a never ending ordeal and we would only be more confused if not for your sage advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating, George. We loved getting to know you better through the interview process. You are quite a wise cat. You and Sparkle should get along real well since she, too, is wise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 25, 2014

    Concatulations George, we look forward to reading your interview. Nishiko xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We adore you George and look forward to your wit and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My peeps are still works in progress, I'm afraid. Training 'em is more difficult than I thought it would. Peep #1 is almost untrainable, in fact. MOUSES!

    Purrs,
    Nissy

    ReplyDelete
  8. A grand intermew George. I will be back often to learn how to better manage my person
    Timmy Tomcat
    PS
    Oy CapCha
    I shall endure

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org