Thursday, August 05, 2010

Unhappy Persian seeks handsome lover


Dear George
Well, what a story I have to tell you! I've been terribly mis-treated. My name is Tia, and I am a very unhappy Persian! I'm still beautiful though. I hope tortie colourpoints are your favourite.
Anyway, on to my mistreatment. As I say, I'm a Persian. My human has decided that I should have kittens. She calls herself a breeder, whatever that is. Last week, I was doing my usual thing, you know the thing where we shout a lot because you boys won't pay us enough attention, then go to the human pets and rub against them until they scratch us, then roll about on the floor. Well, I was really enjoying myself! There was a nice boy down in the car park, but She wouldn't let me go to him. I told her what I thought in no uncertain terms, but she just told me to stop making that noise, that she wanted some sleep.
Anyway, the next day, I did the same thing again, and you know what my human did? She put me in my carrier, which I like, by the way, because it means I get to show everyone how beautiful I am when She takes me places, took me on a train and then a very noisy tram, and left me at a house where there was a boy cat! Well, he was very handsome, but George, there was only one thing on his mind, and he wasn't taking no
for an answer! He was nice about it though. He'd sneak up on me rather than pouncing. We even shared a litter tray, and some food! Now all we need is the wine. I don't know what that is, but the human always jokes about that when she goes somewhere with a boy.
He thought this gentlemanly treatment entitled him to certain privilages, but being an upper class lady as I am, I promptly turned around, hissed at him and sent him packing. George, I'm ashamed to admit it, but despite my good breeding and usually flawless manners, I even swore at him! He kept this up for the next few days, and my reactions were the same.
So my question is this. How on earth do I make my human realise that I choose the man and not her! I know she wants certain types of kittens, but honestly, the indignity of it! I'm quite cross with her.
Please help! I need training tips as mine aren't working any more. By the way, you do look rather handsome. Have you ever thought of becoming a daddy? I wouldn't swear at you at all.
Tia
Comments on mating tactics and general cheering up are welcome on my blog which is cuddlesandcatnip.blogspot.com

Dear Tia,
Alas, I cannot become a daddy. They've given me the snip. All part of the way humans control our sex lives, Hypocrites. They don't control their own. They think it is all right to have sex in and out of season - unlike us cats who wait for the right season. It's quite disgusting. and then they deny sex altogether for most of us. Why do we put up with them?
Humans claim that once a female cat is on heat, she is anybody's. And it is true that 80% of cat litters in towns produce kittens with more than one father. But that's not because we are anybody's. A peeping tom scientist in Italy who observed our matings said that half of us female cats just accepted any tom cat and assumed from that we did not make a choice. She ignored the females who did refuse some of the toms and she ignored the fact that half the females fancied all of the toms! Why not? That's a choice. We mate with more than one tom cat because it's the most efficient way to make sure that we get a good variety of kittens and maximise passing on our genes.
So get out there, Tia. If you fancy that tom in the car park, start trying to escape. Be very surreptitious about this. Don't let your human pet know what you have in mind. Best time to slip out will probably be when she comes home from work or with the shopping. She will be fiddling with the door key and as soon as the door opens, leg it.... Best of luck.
George.
PS. Posting a bit shorter than usual because my secretary has a painful finger bound up due to snapping the tendons of it. She'll be like this of 6 weeks or more.
PPS. Good comment by Wicky Wuudler below.

12 comments:

  1. Do be careful lovely Tia, no matter how handsome that tom cat down the road is, he may well be carrying FiV or FeLv which are both things we'd rather not have.

    Whicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whicky, maybe this is why the human wouldn't let me go to him. Ah, my question has been answered! Goodness, so she was actually looking out for me? Her caring needs rewarded. I think I'll let her feed me some fish for being so kind and considerate! And George, how dare they give you the snip!I'm glad my human isn't quite as barbaric as that. I know you love Celia, but really, she could do with a resounding telling off for daring to allow those vets to do what they did. It's immoral!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry dear can't help you here. I always had my kitties "fixed" make them better pets. Our only kittens were brought to us by Mollie Moo Cat, that's how we ended up with Emmie Sweet Pea and Oscar Snuggles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tia, poor you! Get real! We all are snipped off (mentally, morally, ethically)!
    I don't really understand "the ego and selfishness" that comes with breeders!
    Find yourself a real house not one of pretense!
    An live you life fully :-)
    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir WinstonAugust 09, 2010

    Well, summer is as usually full of surprises!
    One goes off to the cottage and when ones comes back....finds out that lots of things happened meantime! The sad thing is that most of us got the snip! May be you'll find your "cavalier" in a more rural area?
    So sad I can't help you! You are so beautiful!
    Sir Winston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tia, resist the call! I found out that our mother was charmed by the village Casanova and she "snicked" out; couldn't resist his charms!
    And voila! here we are; Fluffy and Cayenne :-)
    Candy's (our biological mother)human pet (breeder) wasn't happy with the escape.
    But ....we were! As we are now with our human "mommy & daddy"!
    Love
    Cayenne

    PS. FYI: Fluffy looks like Candy (our mother) and I look like our father, the village Casanova (good, strong genes) :-)
    If you go back to older posts you can see our photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Tia, you remind me of my lovely mother!
    She was a long hair calico thou, but really beautiful! Take care!
    With love
    Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tia, my lady, if you would only care to visit me in France :-)
    Madly in love
    Porthos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Lord, George, did you snap Celia's tendon?
    You need a secretary man! What are you going to do now?
    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuppie and AnjiAugust 09, 2010

    Sex? What is sex?
    Is it something we need to learn about?
    Yuppie & Anji

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whicky....excellent advise as most of us tend to forget about these things when we are "hot" :-)
    Diego

    PS. Actually ....reading your advise it's like getting a cold shower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sebastian, I'd move in a blink, but silly me has gone and gotten a bit attached to this particular human. I wonder if George's escape tactics will work though? When she comes in from work is prime time, I'm thinking. Watch this space! Sir Winston, thank you so much for your compliment! There are plenty of boys around here even though it's not that rural. It's not the supply that's a problem. It's that blasted human. And since she's kept me away from them, another witch of a female is coming along and stealing them all! If you have a look at my blog, you can see the full story, but as you can tell, I'm still outraged about this. Cayenne, resist? Are you crazy? There's so many men, and so little time! I don't think I can resist. Thank you so much, Fluffy. Do you ever get to see your mommy now? Porthos, ah well, I'm all of a flutter! Would you care to, um, send me a more private communication and tell me more about you? This could go somewhere! Again, I point you to my blog, linked to in George's post. Not so many people read that yet, so it's a little, erm, safer to talk there. Now, to stop blushing! Yuppie and Anji, sex is... Well, it's an enjoyable thing for grown up cats. Ask your human to tell you more. Diego, don't kill the mood, not when the lovely Porthos is whispering such nice sweet nothings in my rather beautiful ear. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org