Monday, July 16, 2007

Cats Protection kittens make special cats (like me).


Yesterday, while I was hunting down the hedgerows, Celia went off to her local Cats Protection fete - details of the charity on www.cats.org.uk. Never buy a kitten, get a Cats Protection kitten. They will grow into splendid cats like me and in some ways, I suppose, William. At the fete she met her namesake, a tiny (not very well) kitten called Celia. This Celia (named after Shakespeare's Celia in As You Like It) had been picked up on the streets of the nearby market town. She was confused, frightened, lonely but not yet starving. She had been weaned on to solid food. Either she had got separated from her mother or her human family, having sold the others, had chucked her out to live and die.
My Celia once picked a small shivering kitten out of a hedge in a Somerset layby on Christmas Eve. A similar story. A human had sold most of the kittens as Christmas presents, and had decided that the surplus could be thrown away. Or even out of sheer low life ignorance had thought a small kitten might survive in the wild, despite the winter weather.
There are moments when I find humans sickening....
PS. Steffi and Paul Next Door have barred the doors and the cat flap in a very unfriendly way. A strange smell, ever so faintly oriental, has been wafting out from under the front door.

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 16, 2007

    Dear George
    What a pretty little kitten Celia is - I am sure she will soon get a new home and until then she will be well cared for.
    I was chosen from our local cats protection league and have a loving servant to take care of me.
    You must not be mean to the new oriental cat next door you must show her the local sights and tell her all the gossip so that she soon feels 'at home'.
    Regards
    Elegant Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 16, 2007

    How wonderful of Celia to be so kind and helpful to Celia (the kitten)! Human can be soooo horrible. I was very fortunate, my Mum (Mollie Moo Cat) was a stray that my human took in, cared for and loved and she trusted them enough to bring me and my sister (Emmie Sweet Pea) right into their kitchen and dropped both of us, right there on the rug! My humans really love me and try their best to take care of me, especially, when I get roughed up fighting. I just can't help myself, those strange cats come right into MY terrirory and I have to run them off.

    You must be kind to your new oriental neighbor. What's her name. Did you ever tell us? If so, it has escaped my elderly mind. Will the neighbors ever let her out to meet you? I certainly hope so. You will have to educate William on how to treat the young oriental lady.

    Hang in there mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Post...


    I'm having very interesting information regarding Sphynx Kittens for Adoption

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org