Saturday, February 03, 2018

The joy of eating grass, earthing and soft earth for litter!


Dear George, 
Please look at the photo attached and tell me what do you see?
Of course you see me and, by the look on my face, you probably think I’m being “interrupted” by something or someone from enjoying my grass! Correct? Ok! You are absolutely right! You see, sometimes I chew on this grass and sometimes I sit on it! 
Well, I was sitting on it a minute before this photo was taken but I did shy away when I heard my mummy’s comments! When she saw me sitting there she got excited shouting: “look, look I’m growing a Chicolino in a pot” She start laughing and run to get the camera! How silly! But, by the time she was back I was off the grass.
She took the photo anyway! Then she was telling daddy what a “smart boy” I was as I was earthing, I was grounding! I was what? I did not understand what she was saying!
I assume it was something good as she went on and on saying that most people do it in Europe (by the way, she walks bare feet in the backyard) She said she wish more people knew about this so they can create “grass boxes” for indoor cats so they can ground as well. George, please enlighten us: what is earthing? And how does it benefit us?
Yours,
Chico
PS. There's a website about grounding that she likes here
and cats earthing here. 

  Dear Chico,
I see a cat who has been rescued by Michelle from cold and hunger, and who is enjoying his grass. Grass is so good for cats and you can buy it in pet shops or even grow your own.
Of course, I just go outside and eat my grass in the garden or the nearby cart track. Am I grounded? Well, I am because my paws are on the lawn, on the rough stony cart track and on the soft earth of the newly dug vegetable patch - a really nice large litter tray for a cat. Aren't I lucky?
Not so sure about electrical currents from the earth but I know earth feels good to me. And I am all for earthing if it purrsuades humans to give us a large area of soft earth as a litter tray! There is also some evidence that indoor-only cats may be affected by toxins in the house. 
So cats there are reading this, please get a cat flap, or get some cat grass for your cat. And, if your human won't give you a nearly dug vegetable or flower patch, get them to provide a large litter tray with enough litter in it. At least two and a half inches.
I'm off outside to get grounded.... and maybe catch a mouse.
Yours
George.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you George & Celia for your kinds words! Indeed, no more cold and hunger for my Chicolino! He is such a good cat, so cuddling, loving, playful! Who thought he'll come to be so lovely after how much he suffered? I'd like to think he "thinks" about himself as a much loved, spoiled and happy cat:-)
    Love to ALL
    Chico's mummy (Michelle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grounding is quite popular in here (Germany). Cats will do this naturally but humans have to walk bare feet!
    Thea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, "Earthing" is a fast-growing movement based upon the discovery that connecting to the Earth's natural energy is foundational for vibrant health.
    Now it's a known fact that cats are grounding themselves naturally but humans had to learn themselves how to do it...so, they developed a science!
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indoor cats absolutely need "grass boxes" in the houses or balconies so they can be in touch with nature!
    Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sleep, we play, we eat and we enjoy our grass boxes! Check the link for ideas: http://www.weirdstuffwemake.com/sweetwatergems/cats/catgrass.html
    Texan cats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chico, you look lovely :-)
    Whiskers

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Just looking at the pictures with the cats grounding (2nd link) makes me wish to ground :-) I have access to outdoors but the trays with grass...so much cooler!
    Definitely my humans have to get me at least one!
    Leo

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org