Friday, August 13, 2010

Lucky - I was saved from the streets


Dear George,

I’m Lucky - the cat! I’m a little tiny kitten that only a month ago was homeless and full of any parasite possible! I was abandoned on the streets of one small town in Europe.

Since I was “saved” by my mom I learned a lot!

First, I learn to read your blog for useful information and see what other cats do

Second, I learn that my mom lost not long ago her beloved cat for over 20 years and was heartbroken and not ready for another cat yet!

Third, I learn that with sincere purrs and ….hope …any of us, abandoned cats, have a chance! Look at my pictures and tell me if I’m not lucky!

Love & hugs to all cats

Lucky


Dear Lucky,

I was lucky too. I was born to a feral cat but Cats Protection rescued me and brought me to be a pet. That way I could fit into the home life of a different species, Homo sapiens (so called). Which is how I adopted Celia. The life of a feral cat is nasty, brutish and short - most kittens don't survive even to reproduce. Compared with that, life with humans is a cushy number even if humans are only dumb animals (can't mew, can't purr and don't know how to do body language).

Remember you are the one doing your human the favour. You have condescended to live with her. She may have rescued you but you can overdo the gratitude. You are giving her all the pleasures of living with you - the sight of your grace and beauty, the softness of your fur (poor soul, she's only got a pathetic substitute for fur which is clothes), and the inestimable pleasure of your purring (she just can't). She's the one who should be grateful.

Yes, there are good and loving humans. Some of us feel that humans are our best friends. We can talk to them about anything and they can'ttalk back - just meaningless vocalisations. They like having a superior species in the household and they enjoyknowing their place, well below the alpha cat.

So love her but remember CATS RULE.

Love

George


8 comments:

  1. What a sweet baby! How could anyone not rescue this baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a case of luck for all concerned. For Lucky to be rescued from a horrible and probably short, miserable life. Lucky for her new Mum because little Lucky will help mend her heart after losing her elderly cat.

    Lucky you are adorable and look very comfy there. My ape is making "squeeeee" noises because have such lovely pink, jelly bean paw pads.

    Whicky Wuudler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fluffy and CayenneAugust 17, 2010

    Lucky, who would resist your charms!
    You are so cute!
    Love
    Fluffy & Cayenne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so young and sweet! Just make sure you wrap your human around your little paws (if you didn't do it already)!
    You rule! - remember this!
    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  5. High Five! You got it right!
    You must be a very young but talented little fellow!
    Frederico

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never understood how can humans abandon or kick out such nice creatures like us! Even more so.....such a young one, like you!
    Lucky, you look very, very cute and spoiled!
    Love
    Shumba

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder that your humans (or was it Whicky Wuudler's "apes" ? )are making that "squeeeee" noises! YOU ARE SO CUTE....one feels like squeezing you :-)
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't read the blog in a while...but all interesting stuff!
    Lucky, you are adorable! I don't know where in Europe you are .....but I would "adopt" you instantly! So beautiful and sweet.
    Love
    Thea

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org