Saturday, March 26, 2016

Farewell my lovely Abby the Tabby.

Dear George,
I am distraught. I have lost my playmate, Abby the silver Tabby. We spent hours and hours with each other - chasing each other through a tunnel, poking each other, rolling around on our backs, biffing each other, embracing each other in a rough way. It was such fun.
Now she has gone. I am betrayed by Celia who packed her into a cat carrier, handed her to two strangers, who drove off down the track with her. I shall never see her again and there is nobody to play with.
Tilly, my tortoiseshell companion cat, dislikes me. I try to play but she just runs away. Would you believe it? She lay on her back on the concrete outside the house and rolled in pleasure once she knew Abby had gone. She's a real loner and I can't see what Celia sees in her.
Here are some of Celia's videos with Abby and a photo of me and Abby counter surfing. My heart is broken.
Yours sorrowfully
Toby.

Dear Toby,
Life is full of greetings and departures. You were Abby's mentor. You helped her grow from a frightened kitten (here) to a domesticated pet. She owes her happiness, in large part, to you. Try to remember that and be glad you could help her.
Now she is setting out on a new and happy life, in a home she will never have to leave, with a young human couple who will make good pets. She is young. They are young. She can live to be 20 years old with them: something she couldn't do with your older pet, Celia. 
Yours sympathetically
George

4 comments:

  1. Toby, you made my cry! Abby's story is so close to my heart! But, rest assured that Celia would never give away Abby just to give her away. I'm sure Celia searched and screened all possible human pets for Abby very, very carefully!
    Be happy for her and enjoy the memory of your good time together.
    Happy Easter to all who celebrate Easter!
    Chico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, the tuxedo catMarch 27, 2016

    You two are soooo cute! Love the photo!
    Happy Easter!
    Carla, the tuxedo cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! Hope your mommy finds another sweetie for you to train to be an awesome kitty! You are an excellent mentor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, Abby looks gorgeous! I'm with you Toby; I feel for you!
    It's hard to lose a friend but, just think about she's getting to her forever home! She must be happy :-)
    Hope you'll stay in touch
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org