Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why does my human pull my hair every day?



QUESTION:
Every day I have to run and hide behind the fridge. My human then hauls me out, dumps me on her lap, and starts pulling out my hair with a metal implement. Why does she do it? It hurts? Of course, I try to wriggle free but I can't. So I freeze with misery and just let her do it. Why do humans torture cats in this way?
Jasmine.


ANSWER:
You have to assert yourself, Jasmine. It's not enough to run and hide. Take back your power as a cat. Have pride in yourself. This is a claw and order situation. Claw her. Bite her. Hard.
Why does she do it? She thinks she is grooming you. Have you bothered to look how she grooms herself. She uses the same metal implement or something like it. She pours water on her head. She then puffs hot air on it. Some humans even use hot metal combs. Then they hiss sticky stuff. It's almost unbelievable, except for the fact that they haven't got hair in the right places. They can't use their teeth and tongue on themselves. Can't reach those pathetic few tufts of hair, you see. It's really very sad for this highly dysfunctional species.
But if they had any consideration, they would use tongue and teeth like we do when they groom us. They could easily lie on the floor and lick our fur. Use their teeth to tease out a few knots. Why don't they? It's just too much bother. The servant problem for us cats is really difficult. Humans are lazy creatures. I don't know that I have ever heard of a successful training method for this problem.
Which is why I recommend use of teeth and claw.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love it when my human grooms me. I suppose it's a bit different since I have short hair. This is one of my favorite things--sit in my female human's lap and she uses a little thing, she calles it a flea comb, and just combs me. I especially enjoy the combing under my chin. I am so spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to tell my human beans that. I'm not crazy about that "brush" thing either.
    Glad to meet you George! You can help us out with these crazy beans.
    Purrrrrrrs,
    your bud Pepi and the rest of the Hotties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George!
    You are quite amazing. I will have to spend some time and read your site...

    Purrs
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went back and read your entries...Do you think George found a new home? One without road trips perhaps? Our human doesn't use any gunk on her head furs and she is pretty good at grooming us. She's a little cheap on da treats tho. Welcome to the cat blogosphere, tho you've been here awhile this is our first visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi George, wecome to Cat Blogshere. I see that you are a black housepanther like me, and I was wondering if you would like to join us as a contributor to House Panthers. You blog looks very interesting and I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi George!!! we read about you at the cat blogosphere site. we are happy to meet a new friend!

    Sammy and Miles Meezer, and Baby Bill

    meezertails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just discovered your blog, and after reading all about George, we think this is such a lovely tribute!

    Purrs,
    Rocky
    CEO (Cat Executive Officer)
    & the Artsy Catsy staff of cats and humans

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very sorry they are pulling out hair. I heartily agree with George--show a little claw and fang as well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the human in question should get something softer than a metal implement, like a Zoom Groom or a Furminator. It's not nice to hurt the kitty while grooming it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elegant Emma says:
    I never liked having my fur combed either but my servant has bought a zoom groom for me and I can't get enough grooming now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, it's too bad it hurts, Jasmine! Mine mom uses my zoom groom an I just LOVE it. But I gots short hair an no snarls. My sisfur Bonnie don't like bein groomed at all an when she gotted matted fur, da vet tooked care of it durin a dental.

    George, my problem is clippy claws. How come Mom gots to clip my claws? I don't like it! I wiggle an squirm an efun squeak pathetically, but she insists. I much purrfur scratchin wood furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Jasmine
    How awful for you! I had one of those metal combs too for a while, one moulting season. However, on this occasion the male of the household helped me out by taking it for something called fly tying, he used it to brush wool, crazy. Not that the comb was used much, I did teeth and claw as recommended plus hissing. Training like this should start at an early age, let them think you're liable to fly off the handle at any time and they could get hurt. Later on a very soft small brush arrived. This has not been used much either, its the principle of the thing.
    Smudge

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org