Saturday, April 14, 2018

Music for cats.... where can I find something suitable?

Dear George,
I need to consult you about human music. My humans feel the need to have music on almost all the time. The male has a preference for loud rock music, while the female prefers classical music - baroque, actually. I find the latter just about acceptable.
But the former is really hard on my ears. It thumps through the house and I find it difficult to ignore. Where can I find some music which is more suitable than this?
Yours
Sam.

Dear Tony,
Human scientists have been studying this and have proved that classical music, like Mozart, is less stressful for cats than loud pop or rock.
Better still, there is a human called David Teie who has composed special music for cats! He has had the good sense to pitch is two octaves higher than similar human classical music! Cozmo's Air, so called, has a rhythmic pulse similar to purring and Rusty's Ballad has a rhythm similar to kittens suckling. The notes slide up and down rather like cats miaows.
Cats much preferred it to human music, when a scientist Charles Snowdon tested it! Teie has now produced an album which can be heard here. Get your human to play it to you. 
And make your appreciation known by purring loudly in time to it.
Yours
George

12 comments:

  1. I hear you! I love Bach and Mozart and I completely dislike Ravel (Bolero). I'd probably, absolutely hate rock or hard rock. Leave the house the very minute he plays rock. Come back when she plays classical music. As dumb as your humans might be ...they will get the message(I have trust in her).
    Sigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's complaining? Sam or Tony? Maybe Sam likes classical music and Tony likes....rock?
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm! My humans plays videos/movies for cats which I enjoy very much! Never paid attention to music! Now, that's something new I have to do!
    Thea

    ReplyDelete
  4. dood....we heer ya....de choiz oh mewsic round heer iz ...well.....letz just say we .....caterwaul... better !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete

  5. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    Breast Cancer Symptoms

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive heard mozart's music are also good for infants. was it true?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just a hum a song when I hug my cat and it is effective
    We loved Black Cloud Dodge Clutches

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome and cool,hope you inspire all youth generation,long live!

    Sell My House Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for sharing you blogs its very interesting and beautiful
    They recommended Inflow Shoretel Support

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org