Saturday, August 13, 2016

Meow... Calling all cats.... we have our own special day.


Dear George
It seems that in celebration of the International Cat Day I got a new toy (as you can see in the photo). If you read here, you can see it was last Monday. On this specific day (August 8th) we cats, can get away with everything as our humble human pets will venerate and pay us respect. To tell you the truth I don’t find this new toy too entertaining or amusing so I’m going to using it as a “fancy” pillow! I don’t want to hurt my humans’ feeling telling them the truth. I know they meant well (but I doubt their IQ – psst! that’s our secret George!). By the way, any idea what else I can do with this new toy?
Cheers,
Chico

Dear Chico,
I've got a version of this toy, and if my human starts it rolling then I find it quite interesting. But a lot of the time it just sits there without moving.  That is boring, boring, boring. I think it would be better if my human put down a new toy every two or three days and took away the old one. Or at least started that white ball rolling for you.
See if you like the Da Bird fishing rod toy too. It's my favourite. It needs a human the other end, but Celia will wave it about while she is watching old back sessions of The West Wing so even the idlest pet owner (and she is idle in the evening) can join in the play.
Meow
George. 
PS. There are home made toys that cost nothing - dried broad beans (too large to swallow whole!), cardboard boxes, old lavatory rolls and so forth. Look here for some ideas.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chico!
    I'm very fussy about what I play with. Most 'toys'... well they're just not much fun. I do like screwed up balls of foil though, they move so well on the laminate flooring. My human will keep checking I'm not shredding and eating them though (as if I would, huh!). Oh, and the red dot. I looooooove chasing the red dot. Sometimes when I'm frustrated I 'kill' Mr Squeaky too. He's not a real mouse but it's good to practice. Let your human know what you like, how will they learn otherwise? My human gives toys I reject to the Cats Protection branch who looked after me before I adopted her. There's probably some silly kittens who will like them.
    In cat solidarity
    Tiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chico, I had a similar toy when I was a kitten! It seems this toy is better enjoyed by kittens than adult cats! My Mom gives toys and food to a local shelter too!
    Patches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chico - Mum buys us toys we don't need and there's a cupboard stuffed with useless things.
    Humans we find seem to love to find you "something I thought you'd love to play with toys" which of course we don't love to play with at all!" We'd prefer a nap in the sunshine or on winter days sit on a radiator.
    Hannah and Lucy x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chico boy...I think you are lazy :-)))
    It looks to me that you got from being rescued to ....spoiled rotten!
    Get that ball rolling - you know how to do it!
    You look cute thou
    Diego

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org