Saturday, October 03, 2015

Dear George,
A few weeks ago, you advised me on my career. I have taken your advice, and rather than becoming a feral cat, I have decided to adopt a human and take up the career of being a human companion.
But it's so difficult. My foster parent, Celia, has put my photo on Sunshine Cat Rescue in Oxfordshire, England, but they are swamped with cats needing homes. I can't compete with some of the other kittens, as I am still very nervous. 
I love my own foster human (video here) but I am still frightened of strange noises, unfamiliar humans and dogs. So I am looking to adopt a very special person, which may take time.
I have been spayed, vaccinated and microchipped?Is there anything else I can do to find the right human?
Yours
Abby the Silver Tabby.

Dear Abby, 
It's a fact that there are thousands of cats in the UK and millions worldwide seeking to adopt humans from good homes. All of us want the same thing- a human who will become a loving pet, who will stay with us all our lives, and will be dutiful, caring, and generally lovely. They can be young or old, rich or poor, fit or disabled - we don't care about any of that.
We just want love. And you, Abby, need a human pet who will be very patient. Which means you yourself, must stay patient. And try to learn how to be picked up (which I am told by Celia you don't like at all).
Hang on in there for the happy ending.
George.

4 comments:

  1. I's hope you find your special Giant human soon!

    Luvs,
    Rose , the grown up kitten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, the tuxedo catOctober 04, 2015

    Abby, you are so cute! I'm sure you'll find your perfect human. You are lucky your foster parent is Celia - she won't let you go to the wrong house :-)
    Hugs
    Carla, the tuxedo cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Abby, the tabby I live with, Tiki, went through a similar thing. She's seven and needed a new human through no fault of her own. This had made her very scared and defensive. Her foster mum spent loads of time with her which helped, then I met her and she agreed to adopt me 4 months ago! She's still wary with new humans but we two are completely bonded, and she even made friends with a second human who visits if I'm away. There will be a human who will see beyond your nervousness to the amazing feline you are underneath. Oh, and Tiki still isn't keen on being picked up! -Tiki's human

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you to find your perfect, lovely human! You will!
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org