Saturday, June 20, 2015

The difference between purring and…..snoring!


Dear George,

As an expert in human behaviour I’m certain you’ll be able to explain the difference between purring and snoring. Why cats purr but humans snore? I heard humans saying many times that our purrs calm them, make them feel happy! Well, I can’t say that humans snore have same effect on anybody. My mommy doesn’t snore but definitely she doesn’t purr either. I’m trying to teach her (click the link) but she simply doesn’t get it! The noises she makes make me laugh! How do I teach my human properly purring?

With loud purrs

Sophie

Dear Sophie,
What a great purr.  If anybody can teach a human to purr, it will be you. They will want to imitate you when they hear it.
I don't think it will work, however. Humans just can't make that noise. Lions can. Tigers can. Cats can. But poor humans cannot.  
Eat your heart out, you humans.
Yours
George.
PS. I am putting the video of you purring here, but the sound doesn't seem to work. Cats will have to imagine a HUGE purr.  If any cats know why the video is silent please tell me.  I don't have purrmission to upload it to YouTube and put a link.
 PPS. There will be no blog next Saturday. I shall be imprisoned in a cattery while my human enjoys herself. Must remember to bite cattery owner. 

5 comments:

  1. Sophie, cats purr from their heart...humans snore from their nose! That's why humans will never be able to purr :-)
    But.....keep trying as it seems that your mommy has a good heart!
    Love
    Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, maybe if you just post the link to the video instead of the video itself, if possible - maybe that's how you get the sound!
    Sophie....I love your teaching methods :-)
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Sophie! My Mom fell asleep just watching your video (no sound)
    I wish George fixed the sound
    Jasper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, the tuxedo catJune 25, 2015

    So sweet!
    Carla, the tuxedo cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. my cat snores do you know why but i know why do you want to know click here
    my cat snores

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org