Friday, November 07, 2014

I have trained my human to write novels that help homeless cats.


Dear George,
My name is Lara and I am an amazing survivor of a horrendous dog attack and because my beauty was scarred no one wanted me! That is until a lady at Morley Cat Rescue saw through my injuries and noticed my beautiful nature and playful ways and she rescued me! Now after many years in her care I have regained my lustrous coat and lost all the excess weight I gained through inactivity. I can walk again!
I would really like to say thanks, George, to Morley Cat Rescue and their devotion and I have just seen my dear mum Morwenna Holman writing novels which she hopes to sell to rescue more cats like me so can you spread the word please? Her novels are Westerdale, Heaton and Rainharrow (details here) and she is working on the next one as we speak,( well tea is late again as she is finishing a chapter ) but every penny of royalties is going to be divided among Morley Cat rescue who need a cattery for darling stray little souls like me who get injured by dogs and cannot remain on the streets and AISPA. Morwenna also wants to send money to the cats of Torre Argentine in the Roman ruins as they are a wonderful and devoted bunch of people. They stop cats like me from breeding (babies - yuk - it makes me go cold just thinking about it!).
For every copy of one of Morwenna's books sold each rescue will get a pound so please get humans to help us! Well, I shall now go and position myself strategically over Morwenna's E-book and gaze at her with my beautiful huge eyes. It is a trick I learnt from Celia's book and I flutter my eyelashes for more effect. It works every time!
Miaows and purrs,
Lara.

Dear Lara,
It's a real pleasure to come across human beings who want to help cats. Some of them don't care and even more of them just think they own one of us and don't bother helping the species. This Morwenna human sounds like a really nice pet.
I really do congratulate you on your pet. Mine does a bit of writing but she had a tendency to invade the privacy of the cats she writes about. I wish I could turn her little mind to fiction, rather than fact. So I admire what you have done with Morwenna.
Worse still, Celia put her own name on MY book, 100 Ways for a Cat to Train its Human. A dirty trick, I thought, and it still rankles.
Yours
 George

5 comments:

  1. Lara.. furst off ewe iz one gorgeous kitteh...N high paws N headbonks...ouch...two yur mum;
    we hope her sellz a bazillion copiez ...thatz rockin awesum oh her ta give bak like that ♥♥♥

    meowloz two ewe george !!

    heerz two a happee halibut & herring week oh end ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara, are you named after Dr. Jivago- the movie? I love that song "Lara's theme"
    Yes, you are an inspiration. Good that Morwenna is listening to you and put her work out for a good cause.
    Love
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. A word for George: my dear friend, Celia STOLE all your books and put HER name on all not just on one. That's the warning I and my late sister, Cayenne, tried to convey to you so many times and the fact that you trust her too much when you shouldn't. Uf! you still have that soft spot for her in your heart!

    Lara - excellent job. Bravos to you and Morwenna! I'll spread the word about her books.
    Also....google "Kitty Paradise" in Hawai - that's a nice video about a kitty shelter - the video could be an inspiration for some.
    Hugs
    Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful eyes! I'll buy the books just for your eyes :-)
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys, I've watched the video Fluffy was talking about. It is great - quite an inspiration.
    Here is the link: lanaianimalrescue.org
    Lara, your work is amazing and I congratulate you and Morwenna. I'll spread the word about her books.
    Shumba

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org