Saturday, December 22, 2012

I carry a Christmas tree on my nose.

-->
Dear George,

Literally! Just look at me in the photo attached. Hey? Nice marking, isn’t it? Dear George my real name is Patches and I’m a rescue. I was in a cage at a pet food store since June waiting for my forever home. Someone at the Mississauga branch of the Humane Society liked me so much that placed me in this pet store hoping that someone with a kind heart will adopt me! It didn’t happen right away but eventually 2 weeks ago a kind and generous female took me home.

I found out that Alice is Jasper’s and Riley’s mommy! She had a big enough heart to make room for me too. She adopted me right before Christmas. That’s the best gift someone can give a cat and I wish many more of us find their forever homes. It is very sad especially at Christmas time to be left behind, alone in a cold, metal cage. I’m forever grateful that she rescued me! I like my new family very much. My brothers are nice, mommy is awesome (and beautiful) and daddy…….hm! I like his blue eyes and smirky smile and I hope he’ll warm up to me. He started paying with me already and I just hope I’ll charm him well enough that he’ll fall in love with me! Is this too much to ask George? Also, since I carry a Christmas tree on my nose do you think I should decorate it? I’ve seen humans having a little diamond or ring in their nose? I don’t think I’ll consider piercing but can my eyes be the shining stars? What else should I do at Christmas time? I need good, nice tips since I don’t want to upset my new family.

Wishing all cats and their human families a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Love

Patches

Dear Patches,
What a wonderful thing. A cat that has the outward visible sign of the inward spiritual grace of Christmas. Alice did the right thing in adopting you.  And I am sure you will soon win the heart of daddy. If there is anything that we cats possess in oodles, it is charm.
No, don't put a ring in your noise. It is far too beautiful a nose to do that. Humans put rings in their noses but they have such pathetic snozzles, don't they? Conks without fur.  Their nose leather is just sort of ordinary skin coloured pink. And their noses can barely smell anything anyway. So adding the odd ring is a way of covering up their inadequacies.
Your beautiful black and white nose, Christmas tree decorated, with lovely black nose leather is perfect just as it is. Your eyes beam above it. A wonderful sight for everybody.
Happy Christmas, dear Patches,
George.
PS. My human is ill so this letter is a bit rushed.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Patches, you are beautiful. Interesting markings; highly spiritual! And, the best? You look a lot like me :-)))
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Love
    Cayenne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patches, no piercing (it's painful first of all and ugly too).
    You are beautiful the way you are!
    Your eyes shine like bright stars and I can see a little smile :-)
    Merry Christmas to you all!
    Love
    Fluffy

    PS. Don't worry- you'll have your daddy wrapped around your little paws in no time :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are beautiful! How could no one adopt you for such a long time?
    I'm happy for you Patches now that you have been adopted into a loving family. You have to become the Alpha cat of the house! Go after your "daddy" and start giving him little kisses and extremely good manners!
    Pay more attention to him than anybody else.....become daddy's little daughter :-)
    Diego

    PS. No Santa hat or red nose on your beautiful markings. Don't put up with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAT VictoriaDecember 23, 2012

    Merry Christmas to you Patches and the feline's world!
    CAT Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm the new kid on the blog!
    I'm 4 months old and I'm a rescue - I mean I'm my mom's Christmas gift from a Humane Society shelter:-)
    It feels good to have a home!
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to all the cats & their humans!
    May Santa bring you all lots of treats :-)))
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org