Saturday, May 12, 2012

Art, artists and the life of a feline model


Dear George,

It’s me CAT Victoria and I’ll be very short as I’m very angry! A while back my human mommy took painting as a snobby hobby and everybody was happy for her. Lately she became completely selfish, self-centered and insensitive. The other day she asked me to sit still on a chair! How could I be still when the sun is out and the birds are singing in the trees? I just gave her “that look” and left the chair. Later I heard her saying that she’ll bring Cricket. I thought, yes! great….I’ll have something crunchy for dinner!

To my astonishment she came home with a cat! I mean another cat. IN MY HOUSE?

I heard her saying: “Cricket please sit on that chair! Beautiful! good girl” And that damn cat sit still and my monster mommy painted her (art attached) while I was watching them from …behind a sofa! She’ll send some paintings to an art exhibition soon and she’s beaming! And I’m so infuriated! How could she paint another cat for the expo? That’s not fair! I’m so shocked that I can’t even think straight. George, what should I do?

I feel hurt and mad! And she’ll expect me to be nice to her on Mother’s Day?

Forget about it! Maybe I re-home myself to a better mommy!

By the way, Happy Mother’s Day to all good mothers!

CAT Victoria



Dear Victoria,

No wonder you are hurt. Talk about adding insult to injury. Not just painting another cat but bringing that cat into your home. Don't feel obliged to be nice to her. We cats have no obligation. We are not dogs. We are quite happy to bite the hand that feeds us. We don't crawl to our humans. We make them crawl to us - metaphorically, of course.

Mother's Day? I have a wicked suggestion. Give her the sort of Mother's Day present that humans hate. Revenge is a dead mouse, a half alive rat, part of a cockroach, or a fat blue bottle. Place this offering where it will upset her most -- on the pillow as she wakes up on Mother's Day. Enjoy her reactions.

I have never been painted but my predecessors, Fat Ada and Little Mog, were painted by Celia's mother, the late Joyce Haddon - here are the pictures. Little Mog is the one on the left. Fat Ada is the black and white beauty.

Love George

6 comments:

  1. To do this to you ...a week before your birthday? How insensitive! CAT Victoria you have to do some "damage control"! Hope you got the "right" ideas!
    Cayenne

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least 10 dead mice on her pillow tomorrow morning! That means you have to work dear girl....but it's worth seeing her reaction ....on Mother's Day! ha! ha! ha! :-)))
    Te chiero Victoria
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comm'on Victoria! Be a trouper! She offered you first chance! You refused it but now you are sour ....just because she brought in another cat! Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday to you Vic! Sometime we have to learn our lessons :-)
    Love
    Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Victoria, when you are as old as I am you learn to go with the flow. Punishing just doesn't work. Not for humans and certainly not for us. You should try living with a duck in your back yard! Love begets love so keep on loving your human mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kizzie says just one dead mouse would do the job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fluffy and CayenneMay 15, 2012

    We all love Joyce's art in our house. Daddy showed us some of Celia's mother's paintings a while back.
    Love to both of you (and Tilly & Ronnie)
    Fluffy & Cayenne

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org