Friday, March 02, 2012

Of Hollywood, glamour, Oscars and dogs! Nominate your cat.




Dear George,

Can you imagine that I was invited to attend the Oscars last Sunday and I missed it because I couldn’t find a date? I was SO excited – I was supposed to sit right next to George Clooney! Can you imagine sitting next to him? But let me tell you why I missed it! Of course my mummy wouldn’t let me go alone so I had to find a date. I invited the George Clooney’s of cats (as Celia called him) I mean….Sir Winston! He kindly declined my invitation as he was having other commitments (in reality I think he secretly likes Cayenne more then he likes me)! Anyway, I desperately tried to find a tuxedo cat since who would have time to look for a proper suit before the show? I even tried to get you George but Celia played her tricks again! So, quite upset I watched the Oscars on TV. I was delighted to watch the Hollywood glamour! I was happy that the feline’s world was so well represented! Cute kitties with gorgeous coat, I mean dresses – Penelope Cruz, Michelle Williams, Cameron, Sandra. Wow! “Puss in the boots” nominated. I was in a dreamland until I’ve seen that little dog on stage! WHAT? A dog named Uggie at the Oscars? What name is this in the first place? And what was he doing there? Tell you what….he was begging (for treats)! Phew! Did Hollywood go nuts? Best movie with a dog named Uggie? They must be kidding! And he's on YouTube too. Anyway, to protest I got myself into this bag and I won’t come out until they edit the movie and get that dog out!

George, what do you think? Should we, the cats, punish the Hollywood?

Love

Fluffy


Dear Fluffy,

It is too bad that I failed to receive your invitation to the Oscars. I would have broken the habit of a lifetime and accepted a white bow tie for my neck, since I don't have a tuxedo inbuilt into my fur colouring. If you and I had gone, I assure you that nobody, but nobody, would have looked at George Clooney. We would have been the centre of attention throughout.

I think we ought to start our own Feline Oscars. We could, for instance, nominate Larry from Downing Street for a prize (imagine having to live with all those politicians - horribly stressful) , Homer the Blind Cat (he fought off a burglar), and Oscar, the cat who does the rounds in a hospice (his medical skills allow him to know which patients are about to die). I personally would also nominate Tilly, the ugliest cat in the shelter who adopted Celia and helped her recover from breast cancer. Admittedly Tilly is so totally without glamour, being brown and scruffy (see photo), that she would have no chance of winning but she might like a nomination.

I don't think we will allow dogs to be entered. Like you I get tired of the attention paid to an ugly Jack Russell. He may be the star of a movie but he has let himself be trained by a human. That is hardly something to be admired.

Dogs just don't have a clue. They actually look up to humans. Dumb.

Love

George

Send your cats photo, as an Oscar nomination, to me via my website, www.celiahaddon.com, and I will post it in this blog.

10 comments:

  1. Fluffy, you look lovely in that paper bag! Great way to protest!
    Love,
    Shumba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fluffy....are you a bit on the snubish side? What's wrong with being a tabby? I would have gone with you my dear! Even introduce you to Antonio - you know we speak same language :-)
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fluffy, you are gorgeous! You should have been on that stage!
    Frederico

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAT VictoriaMarch 04, 2012

    George, excellent idea with the photos for feline Oscar nomination!
    I'll send mine for sure :-)
    Hugs
    CAT Victoria

    PS. Fluffy....brilliant choice....paper bag! All kitties at the Oscar would have envied you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, cats rule. We SHOULD have our own Oscar. Maybe it could be called the Catty.
    ; )
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind dogs. What about ducks. That mallard from last year is hanging around again. Where are all my cat friends? I need help to geet rid of her. M'aidez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooops maybe get not geet. I have such a sloppy secretary.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. George, when it's the deadline for submitting photos for Oscars nomination? I'm desperately trying to get my busy human to get a nice snapshot :-)
    Vegas

    PS. Fluffy ....you are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sir WinstonMarch 08, 2012

    Dear Fluffy, I like both you and Cayenne very much! I "talk" more with Cayenne since we share same interests, but both of you are equally lovely & cute :-)
    Sir Winston

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I'll be again on the blog....this time as an Oscar nominee! I feel quite popular lately!
    I'll get mom to send you a picture!
    Jasper

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org