Friday, May 07, 2010

Am I the cat from outer space?



Dear George,

I’m the cat from nowhere and my name is CAT!

I simply appeared one sunny day in some people’s garden. I have no memories of my life before this occasion. They think I was few months old when I showed up in this tree in their garden.

However, I must have excellent training skills since my new human pets really behave.

If, in the beginning they were somehow afraid of me and debating if they should adopt me (ha! they were lucky I adopted them) now, after few months, they don’t talk or care about anything else but me!

George, could I possible be an extra-terrestrial cat? Am I an alien?

CAT


Dear CAT,

We cats all have the ability to appear from nowhere. One moment we are not there. The next moment we are there. The right kind of humans marvel at this feline ability. We can disappear within seconds and none of them know where we went or how we did it. This just one of our everlasting mysteries.

Are we aliens? Not really. Unlike them, we are embedded in nature. We are at one with the fields and the gardens and the shrubs and the trees. We can survive without humans (unlike dogs that are completely dependant on them) on uninhabited islands. We don't need human trash or human food to thrive. We are part of the mysterious animal world, that lives in the balance between species and between prey and predator.

Human kind are the alien species. They fight each other to the death (very rare in nature and very rare indeed among adult cats). They exterminate species from the face of the earth - the big cats of the new world, mammoths, giant sloths, the dodo and the passenger pigeon. They killed them all. And they blame us cats for killing birds when they are slaughtering thousands not one at a time, by concreting over the habitat, draining marshes and cutting down forests.

We do our best to civilise humans by adopting them. We hope, if they learn to love a small carnivore like us, they may become more tender hearted to the rest of nature. We try to educate them into the world of balance. We show them how to do less, notice more, and stop rushing, hurrying, and becoming slaves to money and status.

Thank you for adopting your humans, CAT. If they are beginning to love you, then you are bringing out the best in them. This species needs to learn to love. And we can help teach them.

Love George.


6 comments:

  1. Cat, like all cats and all animals, you are made of love. George is right, humans are the alien species.

    Whicky Wuudler

    ReplyDelete
  2. SebastianMay 08, 2010

    From outer space or not.....CAT...you are cute! Beautiful!
    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY BAST! The same thing happened to ME! I just showed up in my mommy's garden~ Maybe I'M the alien???? AHHHHHHHHHH - Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 08, 2010

    I used to go and sit in gardens when I was looking for a human to adopt. Eventually I found one and I have lived with him ever after.
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMC, good job adopting your hoomans! They are lucky to have you grace their furrever home =^_^= take good cares of dem, purrs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is how I got Buster AKA: Bubba Cat and Mollie Moo Cat, Oscar and Sweet Pea's Mama.

    Buster just walked up our driveway one day and I said to him, "where did you come from, Buster?" That's how he got his name.

    Mollie just appeared one day as well in our side yard. She got to stay as well and gave us those two wonderful kittens.

    They all trained us well, they all had a great life with us. In fact, any cat that comes to live with us will have a great life. We are good humans.

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org