Friday, January 29, 2010

Can we cats trust dogs?




Dear George,

I know Dumas wrote a sequel to “The Three Musketeers” something called “After 20 years” or “20 years later” – I’m not quite sure, but…as I got tired of waiting for D’Artagnan, I decided to go ahead and live my life to the fullest.

Thanks to KattyCat and her mom….a lot of pieces from Dumas’ puzzle (novel) fell into place and now I feel free to do whatever I want.

But ….Cardinal Richelieu (my human) didn’t like my idea to live free and sent in a spy! Her name is Daisy and as you can see from these photos I caught her spying on me.

I made her surrender to the bravest musketeer of all (that’s me) and then we made a pact (whispered in her ears). My only dilemma George is ….can I trust a boxer?

How can I make sure that Daisy is not a double agent?

What do you think?

Porthos


Dear Porthos,

Dogs have a reputation among humans for being loyal and true and trustworthy. Humans call them their best friends. I think this sums up pretty well where dogs fit into the family. They are not the equals of humans, they are below them, so they are always going to be subservient to our servants. They are the servants or our servants. Work that out. Cats are alpha. Humans are beta. Dogs are delta. More or less.

So can you trust Daisy? Boxers are somewhat kitten or puppy like in the way they play and play. They don't really become adults - at least most don't. So as long as your human, Cardinal Richelieu, wants Daisy to be nice to you, Daisy will be. However, I don't think you can trust her too far. I think she will let the Cardinal know what is happening - either because she identfies with humans or because she is not very bright. Dogs are just intellectually nowhere near cats. So I would assume she is a double agent.

You can have fun with her. You can bully her. I like the way you are climbing all over her. You can steal her food and generally boss her about, but she is not a cat. Keep that in mind and you will be OK. Dogs obey humans. Yes, remember that.

I'm pleased to know that you feel free to do whatever you want. We cats do. That is our raison d'etre. We do our own thing. Always. No obedience classes for cats, I am pleased to say.

George.

PS. My human has a cold and flu and is not being very good with her duties.

11 comments:

  1. Porthos,
    Guess....she's fun to play with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Porthos, it looks to me that you totally surrender to her! Hope not :-)
    Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Porthos! We, cats, are most brave.
    I've watched today a video on Yahoo.ca (Canadian page)with a cat fighting off a bear!
    Love
    Shumba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir WinstonJanuary 30, 2010

    It is interesting what the two Milady(s)in your household have to say about playing with a spy.
    Hope they won give an attitude.
    Sir Winston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could she be the new 007
    She looks kind of cute :-)
    Frederico

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear George & Porthos,
    We CAN NOT trust dogs! Not in this lifetime.
    I live with three dogs and the female (Matilda) is the worst. She can be very, very bad (read her book on Matilda dairies)
    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Porthos, George is right, Daisy may obey you but she will may tittle tattle to the Cardinal. Dogs can't help themselves, they just HAVE to tell their humans everything.

    It's wonderful to see that Daisy has her tail! So many Boxers don't have them because some evil apes think form is more important than function. What a good ape the Cardinal is, choosing a puppy from someone who doesn't chop off puppy tails :)

    Whicky Wuudler

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: Hope you feel better soon Celia xx

    WW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Keen eyes Whicky Wuudler! Yes! I can see that Daisy has her tail and ears "intact".
    Guess....she needs something "to eavesdrop" and someting "to wag", right :-)
    But, she really looks cute and fun to play with. I bet she's a good spy!
    Hugs
    Cayenne

    PS. George, hope you take good care of Celia.
    Make sure she feels better soon, so she can attend to her dutties as your secretary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Porthos,

    I am torn. While dogs are fairly silly and hence easily outwitted, nevertheless you have a Boxer on your paws. I heard that some of them rebelled in China or someplace long ago. I would keep an eye on this "Daisy" (if that's really her name)...all you would need is an uprising.

    Sincerely,
    Puss-Puss.

    ReplyDelete

Help for cats whose humans show behaviour problems.

This blog is devoted to the study of human behaviour. We cats, who live with this sometimes unpredictable and always feeble minded species, can benefit from seeing their behaviour in its proper scientific context. The study of feline dilemmas, training problems, and difficulties with humans, can only benefit all of us. All of us train our humans - to buy the right food, for instance, but many of us do not have knowledge of how to improve our training methods. The human species is obviously not as intelligent as the cat, but nevertheless can learn quite a lot - if properly managed. Topics of interest include the use of claw and order, purring as a human reward, rubbing your human up the right way, when to bite, spraying as a method of making our wishes known, ignoring the human, human harassment, human inattention and sheer human stupidity. I welcome your questions. Photos can be sent via my secretary's website, www.celiahaddon.com This blog has been chosen as one of the top 50 feline blogs by Online VetTechprogramms.org